Submitting Your Facebook Application For Review
Please follow the steps below:
- In the browser address bar, type in developers.facebook.com and press Enter.
- Log in to your Facebook account, and then in the top menu, click the My Apps entry, and select your Facebook application.
- Click Settings, Basic in the left side bar.
- In the App Icon area, upload an image that will serve as the icon of your application. It can be any image of your choice.
- Ensure that the "Support my own business" radio button under Business Use is selected.
- Make sure that your application is in "Development" mode ("Status: In Development" toggle switch in the top right corner of the page), i.e., your application must not be in "live" mode.
- In the left sidebar, click App Review, Requests and click "Request Permissions Or Features".
- Click the Request button of both the manage_pages and publish_pages permissions, then click the Continue button of any of the aforementioned permissions. If you missed this step, then you can also add the permissions by clicking Permissions And Features in the left sidebar, and then in the main window, click the Request button of the publish_pages and manage_pages entries.
- For each of the permissions, click its blue right-pointing arrow link and fill in the following:
- Select any agreement checkboxes.
- In the "Tell us how you're using this permission or feature" field, enter "I schedule and publish my own posts to my own Facebook pages. Nobody else uses the application." or something to the same effect.
- Select Web.
- Use your mobile phone (or a screencast capture program) and record the computer screen where you do the following:
- Log in to your SocialOomph account;
- Authorize access to your Facebook page(s) with Networks, Connect Social Account, Facebook -- it is important that you show Facebook where you click the Authorize Access button, and then arrive back at the SocialOomph page that confirms that access has been authorized;
- Schedule an update for your Facebook page (select the "publish immediately" option);
- Pause recording and wait until the update has published to the Facebook page;
- Resume recording and show the update in Posting, Manage Existing Updates with the green Published tag;
- Now open your Facebook page at facebook.com in your browser and record the page posts where the just-published scheduled update can be seen;
- Upload the video(s) (can be MP4 or other video format) in the "Show us how you're using this permission or feature" section.
- Click the Save button.
- Add any missing items, and click "Submit For Review".
Now you will have to wait for Facebook staff to review your application. It might take several weeks, depending on how many submissions they have to review. Facebook staff might email you and ask for additional details, such as your SocialOomph login credentials.
Facebook staff also might email you and ask you for "business verification", where they would want you to supply information about your business, such as name, address, telephone, and a copy of a utility bill. If you don't have a business, then explain to them that you are a sole proprietor, and supply them with any information that they might request.
Once your application has been approved, you can make the application public by changing the "Status: In Development" toggle switch in the top right corner of your application's page on developers.facebook.com to "Status: On".